Sonnet 47

Betwixt mine eye and heart a league is took,
And each doth good turns now unto the other:
When that mine eye is famish'd for a look,
Or heart in love with sighs himself doth smother,
With my love's picture then my eye doth feast
And to the painted banquet bids my heart;
Another time mine eye is my heart's guest
And in his thoughts of love doth share a part:
So, either by thy picture or my love,
Thyself away art resent still with me;
For thou not farther than my thoughts canst move,
And I am still with them and they with thee;
Or, if they sleep, thy picture in my sight
Awakes my heart to heart's and eye's delight.

Shakespeare, Sonnet 47


(Inglês currente:

Between my eyes and heart a pact is made,
And they each now do good things for the other:
When my eyes are starved for a look (at you),
Or my heart smothers itself with sighs,
On my love's picture my eyes do feast
And my eyes call my heart to this beautiful picture;
Another time my eyes are my heart's guests
And in its thoughts of love do share a part:
So, either by your picture of my love,
You are still with me when you are away;
For you are not farther than my thoughts can move,
And I am always with them [my thoughts] as they are with you.
Or, if they are asleep, your picture before my eyes
Awakens my heart to the pleasures of both the heart and eye.)

Comentários

Mensagens populares deste blogue

Another message from The Listserve